I am Dr. Robin Aston. Besides working with numerous other issues, I’m recognized internationally as an expert in eating problems and compulsive behaviors. If you have a problem with eating and /or being overweight I want to help you.
Is emotional eating making You might not know it but most of the time overeating is caused by emotions may vary from person to person but ultimately this feeling makes you reach out for food as a way of coping with the issue that you are trying to deal In you will not have even know what has been making you eat. you may blame yourself for being lazy or greedy. Remember many of the issues that started your unhealthy relationship with food may go all the way back to childhood.
With my proven Effortless Weight Loss Hypnosis Program one of the first things I do with my clients is help them to identify the emotions that are making them eat too much. In my clients will be aware of the issue that causing the problem but may never have associated it with their overeating. In they will have buried the problem deep down into their subconscious and my job is to retrieve this information so that we understand why there is an issue with food.
Have a look at some of these common emotions that my clients experience and see whether any of them apply to you:
Sadness - Perhaps you suffered a bereavement or are estranged from your close family. Maybe you feel as if you are not as successful as you should be or are in an unhappy marriage. Eating can be a way of comforting those who experience these emotions.
Stress - Your life is full of stress. You work long hours and then have to come home and deal with other issues in the family. Money worries, illness, exams, bad bosses all contribute to making you feel on edge. When you eat something you forget about your worries for a short time.
Lonely - Perhaps you are single or you are not very good at mingling with other people. Your life revolves around your job but when you come home you have nobody to talk to. Food now becomes your friend.
Bored - Your job is not satisfying and every day seems the same. You feel that your life is lacking in excitement but at least food makes you feel better for a short while.
Guilt - You believe that you should have done something to help someone a long time ago but you did not do what you failed that person. Now you are eaten up with guilt and you don't know what to do. Food makes you forget about the guilt for a short while.
Anxiety - You feel as if you are on edge all the time. There is always a feeling of dread but you have no idea why it is there. Sometimes you just want to curl up on the sofa and never leave the house. Eating helps you cope with the feeling of fear.
Do you relate to any of these?
Contact me now - let's solve the problem effortlessly!
How to Know if You're Really Hungry
You may have experienced that diets just don’t work in the long run. You may be able to lose weight while on a diet but what happens when you reach your goal weight (if you’re able to tolerate it that long)? So many put the weight back on and often times even more. (I, myself, couldn’t be on a diet longer than 2 days before the sense of deprivation would cause me to binge.)
But think of or even thin women. They don’t diet all the time… they eat whatever they want. It’s just that they only eat they’re not . I can teach you how to do this. But for I want to help you recognize if you’re really hungry or if you might be eating for emotional reasons.
If you think you may be hungry do this:
Sit in a chair; take a few deep breaths. Now, focus your attention on your teeth, then on your mouth. Do you feel any sensations of hunger? Any messages that say it’s time to eat? Are you comfortable? Full? Thirsty? Can you tell the difference? Or do you just want to eat?
Now focus on your throat. Are there any sensations there of hunger? Does your throat feel as though it’s time to eat? Are you comfortable? Full? Thirsty? Or is the sensation of being hungry just not there?
Next, focus on your stomach, just below your rib cage. What sensations do you feel here? Now rub both hands on the entire area of your stomach and abdomen. On a scale of 0 to 10 (0 being empty, 5 being comfortable and 10 being stuffed) – what hunger level is your body at now? Get really clear about the number…
This exercise is a great way to clarify your hunger level.
The next time you think you want to eat, take a few deep breaths, focus on your mouth, throat, and finally touch your stomach and abdomen. With your eyes closed ask yourself, ”What number am I at on the Hunger Scale?” WHEN IN DOUBT DON’T EAT! You may be thirsty, not hungry. Or you may be experiencing an emotion that is telling you to eat to cope with it but it’s not real hunger!
To control your weight only eat when you’re at a 0 and then eat only to a 5 – comfortable- or less. And remember you don’t need to eat just because it’s or snack time. When and what you eat is tied up with your independence – you have a right to eat any time you feel that 0, whether it’s a meal time or not.
Confidence feels good
Men will tell you it’s one of the most attractive qualities a woman can possess.
Confidence is King. This is a bold statement, yet it begs the question: Confident about what?
Herein lies the problem. People give useless advice like, “Just be more confident.” What is that even supposed to mean? And how do you do it?
When you understand that confidence is a relative feeling, not a condition, you begin to learn that you can influence your own feelings of confidence. Learning how to manage your feelings (and the thoughts that drive them) is key.
We are seeking a very specific end result -the feeling of confidence, this feeling comes about as the result of the way you perceive yourself, your world, and your goals. Even though the goal is to increase your feeling of confidence, you cannot consciously control your feelings directly.
Fortunately, you can control your thoughts directly, which means you can use your thoughts to change the way you feel.
More than anything else in this world, you have power and influence over yourself this power and influence manifest in your thought life? Does your internal dialogue reflect a truly loving embrace of yourself?
If you’re like many other women, the honest answer to this question will be “no.”Your internal critic most likely dominates many of the thoughts you hold about yourself.
But, it doesn’t have to be that way for think of how you treat yourself, and how you talk to yourself, ask yourself if you would ever treat your best friend that way. If the answer no, why would you treat yourself that way?
You are your own best friend, or at least you ought to be. Although you have the potential to be your own worst enemy, you must learn to choose not to be. To be successful in building your confidence. Embrace the idea that it is okay to love yourself fiercely!
Loving yourself doesn’t mean you quit work and spend the day eating chocolate love embraces the whole person, both in their present form, and their future self. Really loving yourself could mean taking a break, or it could mean taking a vacation loving yourself could also mean making yourself go to the gym to work out even if you don’t feel like it. It’s about doing what will ultimately build your quality of life.
I challenge you to take a look within and answer this question: Are you loving yourself enough?
My experience has been that people who love themselves feel more confident. When you love yourself, you’re not afraid to see your own faults imperfections don’t cause you to cringe and shut down your own thought processes to avoid the emotional pain of admitting you’re not a perfect person. When you love yourself, you can see yourself as a whole person, flaws and all, and still fully accept yourself without any need to wear blinders who love themselves are generally better at loving others.
Here’s another condition for building confidence: Focus on enjoyment rather than “success.”
Your confidence will grow when you focus more on relationship experiences than on relationship outcomes.
On a first date, your primary concern becomes having fun and making it enjoyable for the other person too primary focus replaces the desire to impress the other person. Wanting to impress the other person has more to do with the future of the relationship than it does the unfolding experience of the date itself.
The more you focus on future outcomes, the less confident you will feel is true in any area of life. The more you focus on things in the future, the less control you have less control you have, the more insecure you feel.
To increase feelings of confidence, focus on what’s here and now. Focus on the experience of your interaction with people rather than making the right impression.
Stop and really think about this for a moment if you really and truly embrace this idea the next time you interact with a potential partner, business associate, or friend? Think about how free you would feel if you really let go of any control of future events.
Think about how easy it would be to be spontaneous and let your fun, relaxed side emerge if you really focused on appreciating the relationship interaction for what it is at the present moment.
The best nap time could keep your brain five years younger a nap of around an hour after lunch is linked to the biggest long-term boost in mental health, new research suggests 3,000 Chinese people over the age of 65 were included in the study of napping. Around 60% reported taking a nap after lunch. The researchers found that those taking an hour-long nap did the best on measures of memory and cognition.
To really achieve what you want -
Get clear about your goal and then spend time visualizing and feeling exactly what it like when you achieve it. FEELING it is important! The more your subconscious has a clear picture of where you're going the more it can figure out for you how It's very hard to achieve something you can't imagine or believe you can achieve. So the more you imagine yourself there For example, if you want to lose weight spend some moments (each day if you can) imagining yourself doing what you already do only weighing the weight you want. Got to rehearse for success. Robin Aston
Five Myths of Hypnosis
Are you curious about hypnosis? What do you already know about it? Your ideas may be influenced by the media, like T.V. shows or books that feature the all-knowing, powerful hypnotist.
However, hypnosis is an approved treatment for many illnesses. Hypnosis is widely used to help many types of issues, such as quitting smoking, losing weight, eliminating a phobia, relieving pain and more. Since 1958, The American Medical Association has recognized the benefits of hypnosis in treating many medical conditions.
Since you’re probably not following the latest news from the American Medical Association, your exposure to hypnosis may only be from television programs or stage hypnosis. Below are highlighted five common myths of hypnosis. Are yours on this list?
1. Hypnosis is mind control. This seems to be a very common perception and probably based on movies or novels books that have reinforced this image. Some people are curious about using hypnosis but are worried that being hypnotized would allow another individual to control their mind. While it makes for fun entertainment, it is absolutely false. The real truth is that hypnosis actually helps a person gain more control over his/her own mind.
2. The hypnotist has special powers. When you receive hypnosis treatment for a medical condition, you’ll be guided by a hypnotherapist, the accurate name for the person performing this process. Often, this misunderstanding is endorsed by live performances, or stage shows, done for entertainment purposes only. A hypnotherapist does not have any magical powers. He or she has simply studied specific techniques that will help an individual tap into various sections of their mind and allow them to become more open to certain suggestions.
3. There is a loss of awareness during hypnosis. This myth probably stems from people’s nervousness over how hypnosis works or what it feels like. You are not asleep, unconscious or unaware of your surroundings. During hypnosis, you’re in a relaxed state of mind. You can hear the hypnotherapist and around you. You’re in a calm but focused state.
4. Only weak-minded people can be hypnotized. This myth comes from the belief that hypnosis is solely based on one person controlling another person’s mind. However, based on extensive research conducted over the years, it has been shown that more intelligent people have a stronger grasp of hypnosis and are able to enter the relaxed state more easily.
5. Hypnosis is fake. Some people believe that hypnosis is only used as a means of entertainment or only happens to those who have an active imagination. There are plenty of entertaining hypnotists, and stage hypnosis can be a lot of fun. However, hypnosis itself is a very real proven tool in helping people overcome obstacles or illnesses and achieve success.
The truth is that hypnosis is safe, natural, and effective. It’s an excellent way to help reach your goals, whatever they may be. Because hypnosis is natural and safe, there are no concerns about drug interactions. Whatever you’re working to achieve in your life, be it improved health, greater confidence or to kick a bad habit, hypnosis can be used by itself or in combination with other approaches for an even more effective outcome for you.
Daily Affirmation – Pre Sleep Technique
When you go to bed, starting tonight just before you’re ready to fall asleep, tell yourself silently the following suggestion 10 times:
Every day in every way I get better and better:
While you’re saying the suggestion, imagine yourself in any way you can, feeling better and better.
- In order not to fall asleep and not to lose count, every time you say the suggestion press down with a finger of your right hand. Then continue with each finger of your left hand until you’ve completed saying the suggestion 10 times.
- This may be your first attempt at learning to effectively program yourself through suggestion. It is of the utmost importance to do this exercise every night without falling asleep until you’ve completed all the repetitions. But you cannot fail! If you do fall asleep or if you forget to say the suggestions one night, say them as soon as you remember the next day. The goal is to say them, exactly when doesn’t matter.
- You are beginning to establish a habit pattern of properly programming yourself and speaking to yourself by giving yourself positive suggestions before going to sleep. When you do this, positively to your suggestion.
- You can always change the suggestion to something else positive you’re trying to accomplish – a feeling, a goal. Always state how it is you want to be in one sentence and always in positive words. If you can’t believe or imagine yourself acting on or achieving your goal then word the sentence like this:
“I am becoming”…… or…..”I’m am getting ready to….. state the way you want to feel or the goal you want to achieve. For example, "I am becoming ready to be a person who has a constant feeling of confidence and peace" Eventually you will be able to change it to: "I am a person who has a constant feeling of confidence and peace."
This technique will work for you for the rest of your life. Use it and experience the power it has.
Simple Formula for Success
Achieving success is like a formula, but what is the true magic?
Normally today think there is some huge secret to creating success. Some individuals invest their lives finding the but forget methods. Some “try hards”, think that hard effort is necessary, but I discovered that this is rarely true! Let’s look at the simple components success…..
The first component to success is persistence. Most people don’t have it, but it can be developed if you follow the principle of a little bit consistently over time.
The second, actually before the persistence factor, is clear and specific desire and a detailed and written down goal! Having the desire is really a fuel which permits your persistence to manifest in actions that bring outcomes. One of the biggest problems of humanity is not having a clear thought of where they’re headed.
The prosperous person is an individual who invests time into studying continually. After all, leaders are readers!
And the last simple component is While so many people look for the secrets and tactics, - for real success stories, you can be sure to get the very best success, when you go with the basics, and simply benefit from tactics as they come. Master practicing and using basics. is how you are guaranteed to succeed. Every day, no matter how you feel, take one step (even if small) towards your success!
Some persons say success is difficult. But the true challenging factor to success is an internal factor and has absolutely nothing to do with externals – it is a state of mind and a constant simplicity of action. This you can control! Forget the “special techniques”, with simplicity success is easy! Too much of anything – plans, knowledge, tips, techniques, expert opinions, confusion only gets in the way…..
4 Phases of Hypnosis: How a script is built
1. Induction Script - this is the initial relaxation script. An induction is to help you 'induce' relaxation. For example, the script may ask you to close your eyes and relax your scalp muscles. In this case, (& there are other styles of induction scripts,) the script may start at the scalp, to muscles at the back of the head, the muscles around the eyes, cheeks, the jaw, neck... all the way down to the tips of the toes. Just follow the suggestions, and allow yourself to relax. NEXT:
2. Deepening Script - allows you to relax deeper than you were during the induction phase. There may be suggestions such as 'as every minute passes', or 'every noise you hear allows you to relax deeper than before'. A popular deepening script is to 'imagine ten steps that take you down... and with the first step you take, now, relax much more than you were just a few moments ago...' NEXT:
3. Subject Script - This script will have suggestions to assist you to achieve your objective, whatever it may be. Look for positive suggestions that work with your imagination, as opposed to ones that say you will do 'this' or you will do 'that'. Generally, positive suggestions such as imagine yourself in a situation where you are a non-smoker is preferable to "cigarettes make you feel ill" - while it may work to help stop you smoking, it may also cause a reaction when, for example, you might be on a crowded train and smell cigarette smoke on a person nearby... AND FINALLY:
4. Awakening script - This script will bring you back to full awareness. An awakening script often involves a count from one to five, and to allow the 'energy' to return. When you count 'up' from one to five the voice increases in energy so that you come back to full conscious awareness full of energy and vigor.
Manage Time Better When You Work At Home
Did you ever try to fill a whole cup with half a cup of big pebbles and half a cup of sand? If you start with putting the sand first, there is not enough space for all the big pebbles. If you put the big pebbles first, you'll find that you may fit all the sand somehow in the gaps.
Our day, with only 24 hours is also like that. Some projects demand more importance, more time and sometimes more work – like the large pebbles. Then there are some jobs that need to be done that are less but may be more fun and less complicated. The way to win this game is to sort them out, prioritize them and tackle from there. Once I understood that and consciously worked in that direction with specific, concrete goals I was more productive.
The tools I use:
¶ a calendar
¶ a to do list
¶ the telephone answering machine
¶ a discipline not to use my cell phone or check my email constantly
¶ and limiting my social networking
I frequently work from home. The thing I like best is the freedom. I can choose my own hours, my goals, deadlines, and the way I want to work. On the other hand, the other side of the coin reveals that those are exactly the challenges I face.
Unless I am careful it can be quite counterproductive. I want to share just a couple of tools that solved some of my problems.
I get distracted very easily when I the computer. I hop from one link to another, gaining much information temporarily, which I forget and do not use. is gone, and I have done nothing that is constructive.
¶ A kitchen timer solves this problem. I time myself for 30 minutes for a specific task. This way I focus on this job. It increased my concentration power and I feel good at the end. At the end of the 30 minutes (and I MUST make myself stop when the timer goes off) I take a break or do a chore for 10 or 15 minutes (with the times set again). Then I go back to the original task, if it’s not finished, and set the timer. And so on – all day.
¶ Another benefit of this system is health related. After half an hour of a quiet, sedentary job working with the computer or I must get up and alternate with something that is physical. Even simple things like unloading the dishwasher or tidying up one part of the house are thus done and it is all my tasks are working for me.
Another problem I had was in my business management I always use a separate card just for my business. At the end of I pay the full amount and the monthly invoices are my records how much I am spending on what. This is easier at tax time too. Now after paying my credit card I just file and get a quick review of cash in-flow and on a monthly basis.
A Quick Way to Set Goals
Are you having problems deciding what goals you want to reach in life? Maybe you have too many ideas going on in your head and you are not sure where to begin. You may spend time thinking about the life you want but not a plan to get there. If you go on like this you may find that you never actually set a goal because you just have too many goals to accomplish! So here's a quick way to set goals you want and start working towards them.
First write all of your ultimate life goals down. These are the big things that you want to do in life in order to feel successful and be happy. They can be things like 'Become a doctor' or 'own a house in the country' or 'get my brother out of my house for good' or “lose weight and never gain it back again”. YOUR goals are uniquely yours which makes them extremely personal to you, so there is no right or wrong answer here.
Now once you have a list of all your desires and dreams in life go through that list and pick one that gets you excited and pumped to get started. You want to be passionate and excited about the goal otherwise you may not try to work towards it. It may need to be a small one at first.
Once you pick that one goal thinking about ways you can achieve it and write those steps down (these steps will become goals in themselves). The best way to do this Picture yourself at your ultimate goal and then picture the last step you had to take to get there. For instance, if your goal was to be 150 pounds then you may have had to lose 2 pounds to get there. So picture yourself at 152 pounds and what you had to do to lose the 2 pounds.
You will come up with a plan of action this way. If you picture every step towards your goal and lay it down in writing then you eventually have a visual plan to start working towards your ultimate goal! You have built a staircase of sorts towards that goal. No longer are you wondering how you are going to get there because it's all laid out in front of you! Along will find that some steps will need to be changed or tweaked in order to move you forward, but for it's just good to have a plan instead of a bunch of thoughts floating around in your head.
And now comes the most important part of this whole process. Daily, start taking those steps! Check off things that you’ve done one by one. Don't try to do ten steps at one time, but instead climb the staircase one step at a time. This will ensure you don't fall and that you keep moving forward.
The difference between people who achieve their goals and who don't is simple; the ones who don't achieve their goals stop climbing that staircase they built at some point or never built a staircase the beginning, and the ones who do keep moving up towards the top of the staircase. If you stop climbing then you are not going to achieve your goals! So don't make excuses. You have a step by step plan to get going. Take action and get the life you want!
Why Should You Choose Hypnotherapy Instead Of Traditional Medicines?
Hypnotherapy, an alternative form of medicine, is the process of becoming hypnotized by a professional hypnotherapist, to help treat health problems, emotional problems, addictions, and other issues. Current studies have shown that around 40% of Americans have tried or used some form of alternative medicine rather than trying pills or medications that may have unpleasant side effects. Medical and scientific specialists believe that many alternative remedies are really worth a try, and have seen favorable results. That being said, you should check with your medical practitioner before trying something new when it comes to your health.
Lots of people would prefer not to use pills and medications to help with their medical issues. So many medications come with side effects, are terribly expensive, and some can even become addictive. Hypnotherapy can be a great alternative to medicines and pills. Hypnotherapy is to overcome bad habits, manage pain, and eliminate many disorders. Scientifically proven, hypnosis is a fantastic way to modify behavior and encourage mental and physical well-being.
When it comes to hypnosis, you might have misconceptions and wonder whether it really is harmless and if it can really help. Are you ever so engrossed while reading a book, or watching TV, that you don't even realize things happening around you? Have you ever been driving, relaxed for a while and when you reached your destination, realize that you don't actually remember getting there? These are moments you were under a type of hypnosis. We've all experienced it. It’s a productive and natural way to treat both physical and mental ailments.
Whatever your issue may be, you should look into hypnotherapy as a treatment option. The results are extraordinary. You don't have to take my word for it. Check out some of my testimonials!
21 Days To A Better You
are you a positive, outgoing individual? Or are you a quiet little mouse hiding in the corner afraid of the future? Here’s a trick – if you can’t see yourself successful imagine someone you admire who has already attained the goal you have and spend time imagining how he or she acts. You have control over your mind and emotions; simply put, you have the power already inside you to determine which path your life will follow. Now is the time to reach it! You can reprogram your mind through hypnosis, positive thoughts, saying or writing out positive affirmations…….. What do you want to change your life? Make a list. Number your list in order of importance to you. Decide what one thing you want to work on. Only one goal or dream at a time, so as not to overload yourself. Then practice daily either with affirmations, hypnosis, writing, or reminding yourself that you already have the goal hand. See it, say it, and it will be. It has been said that it takes only 21 days to make or break a habit. You could be only 21 days from your greatest successes! You may feel that you have a long way to go, but simple affirmations or daily visualizations will amazingly speed up your progress. So simple, yet proven absolutely effective. Are you willing to make the effort?
WHEN YOU FIND YOURSELF PROCRASTINATING
Take the specific thing you think you should be doing and write it down in the center of a piece of paper--then put a circle around it.
Now, when you think about actually working on this task… what do you feel.... for each feeling you identify, make a line coming out from this main circle and write the feeling on it. Each feeling should have its own line. An example might be a work project of emails... one "feeling" might be stress or overwhelmed. (We are going to come back to this circle in a few minutes. As this is the tool I have always used to move past immobility to action. Because we all procrastinate... Sometimes...On some things.)
Procrastination is a part of life-- just like laundry. We all to do it eventually. In order to be effective, we need to come up with a solution for when it surfaces. I am going to teach you how to use this circle to find solutions in a few minutes. But first I want to look at two major "sides" of procrastination... There are many reasons we procrastinate-- let's look at the two primary reasons on a large scope...
The first is actually a positive reason-- it is a way that procrastination helps us.
If we don't do it.... sometimes the decision is made for us or it expires letting us know our true priorities. some other way let us rethink the solution, sometimes we have to finish other things first. Procrastination can be a "mirror" of our undiscovered priorities. Undiscovered - is a "should" and not a "want"
For women, it can be especially difficult to have solid boundaries. I might say yes right away--because I like her and I like fundraising and I believe in the cause and right now I have energy...However, later I may not have time, nor energy, nor resources to do it. I say yes because I don't want to hurt her (grin). Then I procrastinate because I do not have time, or energy, or resources.
So when we have something we are procrastinating on, then you feel bad - one of the first things we need to ask ourselves is "Is this a priority for me? A priority isn't just a sentence on paper. I priority has to be backed by 3 three things...
1. Time 2. Energy 3. Resources
Is the question really that we are procrastinating because of lack of energy, time, resources or passion? If so should we do?
There are two primary approaches:
- If something we truly want or are passionate about, then we need to evaluate the components within our control--time, resources, energy. Analyze it
- If we discover it is something we "think we should want," versus a true passion, then we need to assess the next logical decision. So if it is a "should" we can learn from making a commitment that is hard to keep. Finish this one and change strategies to not make other commitments without careful assessment in the future. Go back to the person with whom we are accountable and explain a realistic timeline or withdraw altogether.
When faced with procrastination you have two choices.
1. If you do not have for the task at hand, be truthful to yourself and to others about it. Give yourself a break.
2. If you DO have true passion, then that is where our little circle comes in from earlier.
NOW, let's go back to the emotions you wrote down.
What might be an example of an emotion that comes up with the word procrastination? “Useless” “”decluttering” So declutter is where we are procrastinating and the emotion generated (or one of them is uselessness).
Now, for if this is the case, what is one thing you could do to help you feel useful in the area of decluttering? -- so put a circle around the emotion useless and then make another line coming from that circle and write, "I can sort to keep, sell, donate or store" but cannot lift the bins or the storage containers necessary THIS is why I feel "useless"! So then the area I believe that leaves the feeling of usefulness is being able to get the items where they need to go... eliminate or come up with an option as to reaching/lifting all the items? That is what we look at next--- we take the of usefulness and keep making lines that act as steps toward a solution.
Here are some ideas off the top of my head for usefulness in decluttering
1. Look on freecycle to see if they have ideas
2. Look for "pick up services" - many places will pick up for free
3. For the items you wish to sell, consider using an eBay sale provider... the post office or UPS will come di to your house and pick up the box. With even order free packaging and schedule the pick up online. With UPS you can also schedule the pick up online.
4. Call the local college or a school and ask for a volunteer to help out. Just do a small day
5. Call a holiday church to pick up for free items.
6. For there are serves like soliders.com that take books to ship
There are also libraries that except books and you can have a receipt for write-off purposes.
7. High school students have to do x amount of hours of volunteer work their senior year... If you call and explain that you have a disability and are facing a challenge and seeking they should be able to direct you in the right way.
8. Boyscout troops!
The point is One thing I have learned when it comes to the "resource" area of procrastination KEEP ASKING. There are MANY answers and solutions for EVERY challenge we face. The people that find them or seem like "luck is always in their favor" are the ones who ask the most questions. Einstein said--"It is not that I am so smart, I just stay with my problems longer."
So, now -- you have your circled decluttering in the middle..."useless" as a spoke coming off of that...Then off of that word, you write down all the ideas and actions you cope with the emotion.
What we have done is converted a "concept" or "emotion" into actionable steps. We have gone from "useless" to "call a boy scout troop..." or whichever action you choose. Now, do that with each emotion you have listed.
If you have for something and procrastinate... you stop because of an emotional block - or emotional belief ... If you identify that emotion and then replace it with an action step, a SPECIFIC action step, you will remove the procrastination because you have a path. Without an action step, it is like being dropped into the middle of a vast jungle with the assignment "find point A" It is hard to find point A if you don't know Point A is-- or where you are! But if someone said, "start walking to your left," it would be a bit easier.
When we break our emotions into action steps, we give ourselves a guiding compass.
You have to We sometimes don't give ourselves enough credit for how far we have come and what we can do next
When trying to identify action steps, remember to look at these things specifically... time, energy, and resources.
But remember, Often we are so busy looking at where we want to go next, we forget all we have done today! We become "addicted to moving forward" or "accomplishment," versus enjoying the process and feeding the soul on the way.
Another key to keep yourself moving is to just write your achievements in a notebook each day. Each night list out at least one thing you have accomplished, no matter how small.
P.S. Found this article written anonymously on the internet. I think it has a great idea - to write down your emotion and come up with an action plan for each. But be kind to yourself and remember that sometimes we just have to do some things because they have to be done! Bills, dishes, some phone calls... forget passion... it's called being an adult and it still sometimes needs a plan.
Simple Self Hypnosis
This simple self-hypnosis routine will be easy for you to do and effective. You might feel a little bit drowsy immediately after doing this exercise, don’t worry this is normal and will go away after a few minutes as you become grounded. However, you should avoid driving until you get your orientation back. You won’t necessarily need to make a recording of this – it’s so simple. you can just make a list of what to do when and peak at it when you need to. Your relaxation won’t be disturbed – just take another deep relaxing breath after you’ve closed your eyes again.
Find a place to relax where you are unlikely to be disturbed. Assume a position in which you can comfortably relax, either lying down or seated. Choose a ‘trigger word’ which will help you to relax, such as ‘sleep’ or ‘relax’; you will repeat this at the beginning of each deep breath. Choose an affirmation or positive suggestion which you can repeat to yourself. If you don't have an affirmation try practicing with something like "My voice is calm, confident and reassuring", or, the classic, “Every day in every way I’m getting better and better”. Finally, perhaps lying on the beach or sitting in the garden. If you have problems visualizing a scene simply imagine that you are being enveloped by a soothing, shapeless cloud of colored mist.
Imagine that your body is divided into three sections which you will relax in turn: (1) from your waist down to your feet, (2) your torso and arms, (3) your head and neck. Read through all these instructions and then…
1. Allow your eyelids to fall shut, taking a few moments just to unwind. Focus on your breathing, clear your mind and get comfortable.
2. Take a deep breath in. Hold your breath for about ten or fifteen seconds before letting out a deep sigh and relaxing your whole body. Say your trigger word as you exhale. Allow your breathing to return to normal for a few moments and just be aware of how relaxed your body now feels.
3. Breath in again, in the same way, and this time relax your lower body, from your waist down to your feet, as you exhale and repeat the trigger word.
4. Another deep breath, relaxing your chest, back and arms as you exhale saying your word.
5. Breath in again and relax your head, neck and face as you breath out with your trigger word.
6. Finally, to catch any tension that might have returned to your body, relax your whole body again as you breath out. If you want you can also use this breath to imagine that you are expelling any emotional or mental tension.
7. Take a few moments to settle and let your breathing to return to normal, and your mind to become empty, tranquil and quiet.
8. If necessary, allow your attention to be drawn to any part of your body where tension has returned. Imagine that it is a puff of colored smoke and visualize it being blown away by a light breeze.
9. Now visualize yourself standing at the top of a flight of ten stairs or steps, at the bottom is your relaxing place. Slowly descend the steps one at a time, counting from ten all the way down to zero, as you do so. Try to feel yourself sinking down deeper toward a light trance with each step you take.
10. When you arrive at the bottom of the steps visualize yourself again entering into your relaxing scene. Take a few minutes to try to get a feel for the scene, take a note of any colors and shapes you might see, and any sounds there. Allow yourself to let go completely and enjoy the pleasant feelings of physical relaxation and mental calm.
11. Now, repeat your affirmation to yourself 5 times at your own quiet, slow pace.
12. When you are finished, take time to settle again and to enjoy the feelings of calmness and confidence which your affirmation has given you.
13. When you are ready, count slowly from one up to five with each number becoming more and more aware and alert in your present surroundings. At the word “five” open your eyes, clench your fists and give your arms and legs a shake to wake yourself up again.
Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do. ~
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF BURNOUT?
Strong emotional reaction when faced with a new demand (anxiety or exhaustion)
- Physical symptoms ( pain, headache, stomach ache or digestive problems)
- Desire to isolate
- Inability to keep or office organized
- Difficulty and avoidance picking out clothes and dressing
- Shower or bathe less often
- Problems going to sleep or staying asleep
- Difficulty getting out of bed in the morning, waking up tired
- Constant worry that things are left undone
- Boredom (sometimes have become anxiety or hype)
- Question competency
- Resistance to starting something
- Over smoking, eating, playing computer games, etc
- of burden or dread
- Lack of desire to talk to people
- Lack of interest in things, even those you use to enjoy
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU’RE BURNED OUT….
Lessen the amount of incoming stimulation (music, people, new projects)
- Organize your living space
- Prepare outfits in advance
- Get ready for appointments with plenty of advance time
- Light physical exercise (even if it’s just dancing to a song in your living room)
- Carve out plenty of time alone (turn off your phone)
- Use hypnosis or meditation for sleep
- Have something interesting to do first thing in the morning (make a list the night before)
- Limit the number of things you expect yourself to do to those that really need to be done
- Don’t overdo anything
- Have something interesting and inspiring to read
- Listen to hypnosis CDs or tapes about confidence, peace, power
- Nap or rest in the afternoon even if only briefly
- Work according to a timer (30 minutes work, 10 or 15 minutes off) instead of according to if the job gets done
- Have snacks ready
- Have time daily to just “veg”
- Have interesting shows or movies ready to watch
- Let yourself isolate if you need to (Sometimes burnout is just a need for time alone!)
QUOTE FROM SAMUAL BUTLER:
“One can bring no greater reproach against a man than to say that he does not set sufficient value upon pleasure, and there is no greater sign of a fool than the thinking that he can tell at once and easily what it is that pleases him. To know this is not easy, and how to extend our knowledge of it is the highest and most neglected of all arts and branches of education.”
“The most beautiful people I've known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.”
You must be the change you wish to see in the world Gandhi
All meaningful and lasting change starts first in your imagination and then works its way out. Imagination is more important than knowledge Einstein
Call or Email for a FREE Consultation